It has been evident since the beginning of lockdowns across the United States that the mainstream media has been pushing the narrative of blaming Donald Trump for everything that has been caused by the coronavirus. Including the death of 65,400 U.S. citizens from Covid-19. How fair is this narrative? In an article I published nearly a month ago I discussed about each State has the right over how they treat healthcare. Today I wanted to take a different route. I want to show a timeline of early events and let you, the reader, decide what you think below in the poll that will be posted.
Timeline of early COVID-19 events
- November 17th, 2019: A 55 year old Chinese man in Wuhan, China contracts the first recorded case of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- December 18th, 2019: Donald Trump is impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives.
- January 4th, 2020: The WHO reported on social media that there was a cluster of pneumonia cases, with no deaths, in Wuhan.
- January 13th, 2020: Officials confirm a case of COVID-19 in Thailand the first recorded case outside of China.
- January 16th, 2020: Impeachment Trial for Donald J. Trump begins in the Senate.
- January 21, 2020: January 21, 2020, the first person in the United States with diagnosed with COVID-19.
- January 22, 2020: WHO mission to China issued a statement saying that there was evidence of human-to-human transmission in Wuhan but more investigation was needed to understand the full extent of transmission.
- January 31st, 2020: Trump announces a travel restriction from all travelers from mainland China.
- February 5th, 2020: Donald Trump is acquitted of all charges of Impeachment. The trial ends.
So what happened next?
The CDC and Trump administration pushed guidelines on how to prevent the Coronavirus. Meanwhile celebrities and the mainstream media were still making jokes about the coronavirus. By the time March rolls around the media has flipped their narrative. They in turn start using the Coronavirus to create a massive fear and panic. As a result markets drop and a lockdown ensues. The media now have a 24/7 punching bag of Donald Trump while everyone else is forced to stay indoors.
What do you think now? Did Trump not take “fast enough action” like the media and DEMs portray? Was The Who trying to cover up the initial spread and study of COVID-19 in China? You decide below